the food bitch

people call me a food bitch. not because of any gourmet tendencies (i go on a weekly fridge-sniff to see what needs to be thrown away), but due to my healthy lifestyle know-how and big mouth. i have a big mouth when it comes to food.

part healthy living, part recipe showcase, part food review - i do a little bit of everything.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

food blog love.

So, tonight's dinner was courtesy of one of my favorite food blogs, fat free vegan kitchen. One of my favorites, because it's actually full of things that I eat. Not just things to drool over. But I have been drooling over this one particular recipe for the past week, and decided to make it tonight.

Santa Fe Spaghetti Squash Casserole combined a whole bunch of my favorites. Black beans, spaghetti squash, a cornmeal crust - oh, this dish was oozing with deliciousness. To be honest, as much as I like spaghetti squash, it's not something I've ever prepared myself. They look like so much work. But the microwave method worked beautifully, and I see many more squashes in my future. I prepared the squash beforehand, and really once that and the little bit of chopping was done, this came together in a flash. I worried it would be too liquidy, as I'm really no good at rinsing and draining black beans (as a side note, I've found that Walmart brand black beans are far superior to Bush's), but I cooked the mixture down well enough, and once cut, the casserole held together extremely well (as my hastily taken picture shows - it looked really good and I was hungry! There's no time for composition!).

I suggest checking out FFVK. Healthy tastes good, there's no secret to it.

And for my Weight Watchers people, a huge 1/4 of the casserole is only 3 points, or completely, satisfyingly core!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home