the food bitch

people call me a food bitch. not because of any gourmet tendencies (i go on a weekly fridge-sniff to see what needs to be thrown away), but due to my healthy lifestyle know-how and big mouth. i have a big mouth when it comes to food.

part healthy living, part recipe showcase, part food review - i do a little bit of everything.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

i ruined christmas

yesterday at work, my office buddy craig started belting out you're a mean one, mr. grinch at me, in a very authentic boris karloff tone. it's not my fault that i have to inform customers that some very popular items are on backorder. i don't want to ruin christmas, guys!

Anyway, I went to Paramus last weekend for some shopping paradise. First stop: Ikea. Oh my, Ikea. I get dizzy there, my eyes don't know where to settle and want to take everything in at once. I was on a Christmas shopping mission, and didn't end up buying much for myself, other than some Löfbergs Lila coffee and Finax Good For You Apple-Papaya-Raisin Muesli.



This is good stuff. Small (but plentiful) pieces of dried fruits, crunchy grains, and only lightly sweetened with honey. And the coffee is marvelous, I wish I had bought more. You can order from Nordic Trade, but shipping is kind of pricey. I'm still considering it.

I've been cooking, but nothing worth posting about. For dinner tonight, I coated some tofu with wasabi mustard and cooked it until it got all crispy on the outside. Lots of veggies and bulgur on the side. It was good, but who wants to see my green and crispy tofu?

I'm craving a soup, and as luck would have it, I have leftover Thanksgiving turkey in my freezer. I think that's a plan for the weekend. Soup!

There's lots of plans for the weekend, actually.

1) get new tires and wiper blades (my car didn't pass inspection. oops!). My Dad offered to buy me new tires for Christmas. He's having surgery tomorrow and feeling generous. I guess I should have got it in writing.

2) get photographed! As part of my Mother's Christmas present, my sister and I are having a nice professional photo done. We've got a photographer, we've got the date, but we don't have a location. I want it done outside, let's hope for decent weather.

3) buy ingredients for my cookiethon next weekend. I'm sending cookies to my good friend Matt out in Chicago. Baking commences next Friday night.

4) more Christmas presents! Shop, shop, shop.

5) and don't forget the soup. I just have to figure out what I'm in the mood for.

I'm also in the mood for a good casserole of some sort. Winter makes me crave that kind of thing.

But next time you hear from me, there will be soup.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home