the food bitch

people call me a food bitch. not because of any gourmet tendencies (i go on a weekly fridge-sniff to see what needs to be thrown away), but due to my healthy lifestyle know-how and big mouth. i have a big mouth when it comes to food.

part healthy living, part recipe showcase, part food review - i do a little bit of everything.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Okay fine, turkey!

So I went to see my parents today, mostly to do laundry and grab some turkey. My mother cooked the turkey I gave her on Saturday, and I figured I'd probably be able to do something with a chunk of it. I also left some gifts that I bought there, and some of my measuring spoons. Need those.

I stopped off at the grocery store on the way over to pick up ingredients for pumpkin fluff (you know, the seemingly unappetizing mixture of canned pumpkin, vanilla pudding mix, cool whip, milk, and pumpkin pie spice), and bought her a miniature curly poinsettia plant just because.

I mixed up the fluff while my laundry was on, and we split the goods. Pumpkin fluff. Sounds so gross, tastes so good.

Part of my hunk of turkey turned into dinner tonight. I made a turkey version of Cooking Light's Chicken-Apple Crunch Salad. It was easy, and pretty darn tasty.

Turkey-Apple Crunch Salad
Serves: 2
WW Points: 3

4oz. diced, cooked white meat turkey
1/2 cup diced apple
1/4 cup diced celery
1 Tbsp. diced onion
2 Tbsp. raisins
2 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
1/2 Tbsp. fat free sour cream
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
dash of cinnamon

Mix! Eat!

There was a picture, but it came out blurry and there's no re-do because it's already in my belly.

I stopped at the grocery store again on my way home because I was pretty low on important things like vegetables and assorted breakfast cereals. Cereal is my downfall, seriously. I love my local chain grocery store. I know that's probably sacrilege, and really it is because they don't have the best quality produce, but goodness almighty I do love the employees.

They're all high school students, but they're a charming bunch. Especially my floppy haired jailbait cashier boyfriend to be. But I digress!

I actually don't digress. I finish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home