the food bitch

people call me a food bitch. not because of any gourmet tendencies (i go on a weekly fridge-sniff to see what needs to be thrown away), but due to my healthy lifestyle know-how and big mouth. i have a big mouth when it comes to food.

part healthy living, part recipe showcase, part food review - i do a little bit of everything.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Ode to Snacking on a Dreary Day

So it's Columbus Day, the end of my three day weekend. What have I done with myself? I've cleaned my apartment, or am in the process of cleaning my apartment (the living room and entry way are the only parts left, and really there isn't much to do other than pick up some newspapers and vaccuum. I'm a little apprehensive because I found (and lost) a rather large spider that was on my front door last night. I have no idea where it went, and am content in thinking that I may just have imagined it, because it was 2am, and I was very tired when (I thought) I saw it. I've also hung up a few Halloween decorations. A very few, I need to get more.

I always have trouble cleaning up because I get so distracted. I took an 11am break to watch the Price is Right (a home on a weekday tradition that goes all the way back to staying home with my Nannie when I was in elementary school and sick), and am taking another break now. My stomach felt a little bored and rumbly while I was watching ol' Bob, so I went through my cabinets.

I love snack food. When I considered myself as being "on a diet" I never wanted to snack. Now that I've made permanent changes in the way I eat, well, if I didn't snack, I'd probably die. The thing is, though, I love buying new healthy-ish snack foods so much that my cabinets get full and I have more food than I know what to do with. So I found a bag of Guiltless Gourmet Chipotle Tortilla Chips.



I've tried other varieties of Guiltless Gourmet chips, and they've all generally been good. Nice amount of flavor coating, crisp, and fresh tasting (without the stale, kind of foamy taste that Baked Tostitos leaves in my mouth). However, these chipotle tortilla chips are the best flavor I've tried yet. They're not overly spicy, however they do pack a tangy, slightly cheesy punch that left me licking the plate I put them on.

As far as the nutritional information goes, a serving of 28 grams (I'm a slave to my digital food scale), you're getting 120 calories, 2 grams of fat, and 2 grams of dietary fiber. That's 2 weight watchers points, pretty typical for a baked chip. They also contain no trans fats, and 200mg of sodium. They do taste less salty than a lot of baked chips, but they also have what a lot of baked chips don't have - a good, strong flavor.

I haven't even showered yet today, and should go back to cleaning. I may require another snack break shortly...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home