the food bitch

people call me a food bitch. not because of any gourmet tendencies (i go on a weekly fridge-sniff to see what needs to be thrown away), but due to my healthy lifestyle know-how and big mouth. i have a big mouth when it comes to food.

part healthy living, part recipe showcase, part food review - i do a little bit of everything.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Chi-chi-chipotle!

So I was supposed to go apple picking this weekend.

So it's been raining in New York a lot lately.

So I got up really early, went to the gym, hit the grocery store, and came back and made Chipotle Chicken Stew. I guess if I can't pick apples, dreary day cooking is the next best thing.



This is a beautiful soup for the current weather. Actually, it would have been great for after apple picking. Maybe I'll remember that for next time. Considering the fact that I have not cooked with meat in a good six months, I think it came out pretty well.

Chipotle Chicken Stew
Servings: 8
WW Points: 3

1 1/4 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 cup onions
3 garlic cloves
1/2 pound uncooked red potatoes
3/4 cup carrots
2 Tbsp canned tomato paste
3/4 tsp ground cumin
24 oz fat-free chicken broth
22 oz canned diced tomatoes
1 1/2 items Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1/4 tsp table salt
1 Tbsp cilantro

Place a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the chicken; sauté 7 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.

Add oil to pan. Add onion; sauté 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add potato and the next 6 ingredients (potato through chiles); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add chicken and salt; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in cilantro.

Serving size: 1 cup

Chipotles in adobo, how i love you.

At the grocery store, I found Thomas Mini Caramel Apple Bagels. The "Made with real apples!" and festive ghost and scary tree on the package made me unable to resist. I'll be into those later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home